Read the B.O.M. in 30 days & Win!
No Joke! This month’s Visiting Teaching message encourages us to read the scriptures more and make them part of our daily lives. I’ll be the first to admit I sometimes skip a day or two or three and those are the days satan starts to creep in and weaken me. So, for this month I want to read the Book of Mormon in 30 days by April 30th! I haven’t ever read the BOM that fast before nor have I even read it as many times as I’m sure you all have so that’s why I’m doing it. Plus, I want to see if it will really help me because I am used to the blessings of just 1 chapter a day. I think of how busy the Relief Society Presidency in our own ward must be or even the General Authorities and think to myself, “if they can do it with how busy their lives are then surely I can invest a bit more time in reading the scriptures.” I also think to myself, “self, how was it that you could read Twilight in 2 days, aren’t the scriptures at least that important to you?” So I must, so that Heavenly Father knows that scriptures ARE more important than Twilight to me. LOL
To help me with my goal I have created an account at ReadTheScriptures.com. Here’s what they do for me.
- Set up my reading schedule. (30, 60, 90 days or custom.)
- Email me the actual scriptures each day so I can just read them from my email.
- Email me a link to the audio versions of the chapters I’m reading.
- Give me the option to click a “completed” button so I can feel like I’ve accomplished my goal for the day.
- Ability to jot down notes in a online journal while reading them online and then print them all out in the end.
- Allow me to highlight scriptures online in different colors.
- Invite friends
- Create teams or groups which I can invite friends or family, so we can all chart our progress together.
- Read other scriptures besides the Book of Mormon.
- Even set goals to read the Ensign, Teachings of the Presidents of the Church, Sunday School reading, Seminary Reading, Conference talks and more.
Monitor me & Join me!
My favorite feature is ability to create a Team. I think we can all be more motivated if we have a buddy. It’s like having a buddy to workout with. I’d like to think I’m self motivated but it’s so much more fun and easier when you know others are doing it with you. So, if you’d like to help me and monitor my progress sign up for a free membership to ReadTheScriptures.com here and then join the “VisitingTeaching.net” group by clicking here.
I can testify to you that reading the BOM, at least 1 chapter a day will bless your lives. If you don’t believe me, then join me and see for yourself, what do you have to lose! But don’t take my word for it prophets and other leaders also have a testimony of daily scripture reading. Quotes to help us read the scriptures and comments from others who have used their service. Even if you can’t do it in 30 days join anyways so we can all help eachother.
So what do you say? Will you join me? I hope so. Invite as many of your friends as you’d like. The more the merrier! Hope to see you there so we can help eachother reach our scripture reading goals.
Prize for Everyone!
Everyone who reads the BOM in 30 days or even just 1 chapter a day will gain a great reward. Not, from me but from Heavenly Father. Sorry, I could probably give out gifts but they wouldn’t be anything in comparison to the gifts He will give you. Plus…I don’t have any prizes to give anyways because this is a free site with no ads. LOL