Flower Pot Card w/ Bookmarks
The month we have all been waiting for, General Conference Message Month! Just 2 months out of the year are my favorite and, at the same time, most difficult months out of the year. I guess I find it just a bit overwhelming to choose just 1 message which applies to each sister I Visit Teach. That’s probably why they say we need to pray about it. With over 30 talks to choose from I’m bound to find something that applies to any and all of the sisters I Visit Teach.
For this month I designed a Flower Pot Card with Bookmarks (so appropriate for May and Moms). I chose to include quotes from the First Presidency, because you can never go wrong when you quote them. So that’s 3 different talks! It’ll give the sisters a little taste of what Conference was about and get the sisters excited about reading more. Feel free to use this Flower Pot Card if you’d like, but don’t feel obligated to only share the messages which are on the bookmarks. Remember, we must pray about it. You can share a different message with the sisters you Visit Teach. These quotes may not be exactly what your sisters need but they are still great quotes and make the perfect little gift. Who knows I may or may not end up using different quotes for the sisters I visit teach, still have a few more messages to review.
Here are the talks which were chosen:
Be Your Best Self – President Thomas S. Monson (Yes, ladies it’s from the Priesthood session, they talk about stuff that applies to us too you know. Remember…liken to yourself!)
Adversity – President Henry B. Eyring, First Counselor in the First Presidency
The Way of the Disciple – President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Second Counselor in the First Presidency
Flower Pot Card Instructions:
- Download Flower Pot Card PDF & Flower Bookmarks PDF (click image files below)
- Print in color on white or light colored cardstock.
- Cut out Pot and pick the tag you will be using.
- Fold Card in half and add a little tiny bit of adhesive on the top right and left corners to keep it together.
- Write your names on the back of the card.
- Cut out each bookmark (carefully around the flowers) Flower Bookmarks PDF and insert them in through the top of the pot with the flowers facing the front.
- Adhere the tag to the front of the card with glue, ribbon, brad or staple. (be careful to only adhere the tag to the pot and not the rest of the bookmarks.
If you are having a hard time choosing which talk to use, here’s another gift idea from Hand Picked Daisy. She’s made this super cute kit and it includes a quote from “Finding Strength in Challenging Times” by Elder Allan F. Packer as well as a recipe. You can order these convenient ALREADY MADE Visiting Teaching kits from Hand Picked Daisy, they are only $4.