Treat Tuesday #22 – Digi Scrapped Book Cover
Today’s Treat is AMAZING! One of my personal faves, if I may say so myself. It’s a digitally scrapped, removable, book cover for our Relief Society “Teachings of Presidents of The Church: Joseph Smith Manual.” It’s in color, has a pic of Joseph Smith, has quotes from the August 2009 Visiting Teaching Message all over it, has a mini calendar on the back (cause I always need one) and a cool Visiting Teaching sticker on it too. See pics below. I’ve included detailed instructions, but it’s really easy. Totally a 5 min project!
Digitally Scrapped RS Book Cover Instructions
For the “Teachings of Presidents of The Church: Joseph Smith” Manual
Designed by Linda Winegar for VisitingTeaching.net with Quotes from August 2009 Ensign.
• Color Printer
• 2 sheets of 8.5 x 11 paper
• Double-sided Tape or Glue
• Clear Packing Tape (optional)
• Just 5 Minutes!
Download the Files: (Tri-Lingual)
Printable instructions in English Only (page 1 of 3)
Printable Book Covers (pages 2 and 3) Both pages are in 1 file so just click on one of the images below to download the PDF in English.
Available in these languages: English, Portuguese [added Aug 29], Spanish [added Sept. 6].
If you can translate the instructions please comment on this post with the translated instructions and I will add them to the site. Otherwise, you can always just use the instructions in English.
1. Print covers (Front and Back pages separately) in color on regular 8.5”x11” paper with 0.25” border on all sides.
2. Cut on solid lines.
3. Fold on dotted lines. Add tape/glue to the corners of flap # 1 and adhere the flaps in order.
4. Apply double sided tape/glue over the spine where indicated.
5. Slip back cover over the existing back cover of the manual. Slip front cover over the existing front cover of the manual. Should slide right in.
6. Flip book over. Fold the front cover’s spine over the back cover’s spine making sure to press firmly so the spine is secure.
Optional: Add clear packing tape to the whole Cover. Fold tape over the flaps but do not tape it to the book or it won’t be able to slip off. Cut any excess tape. This helps to keep the ink from smearing and makes it more durable.
Remember the whole cover is removable! (or it should be, because I didn’t say anything about gluing or taping anything to the actual book.) So make one for yourself, the sisters you Visit Teach, a family member, a neighbor or a friend.
Show off your very own custom Digitally Scrapped Joseph Smith Manual Book Cover in Relief Society!
Additional Details about the Book Cover:
- I don’t know if this cover can fit any other Teachings of Presidents of the Church books, I made this to fit this specific book (Joseph Smith because that’s the one we’re on), but you can try and if you find another book it can fit just comment and let me know which ones so I can add it to the post.
- I don’t know if it will fit the same manual in other languages [Can fit Portuguese and Spanish however you just need to adjust the spine depth for the added pages in the book – edited Aug 29]. The English one is 6 inches wide x 9 inches tall and approx 0.825 inches thick (spine). Comment and let me know if it does so I can try to translate it for you.
- If you print it on thicker paper, it may be difficult to fold at the dotted lines, so you’ll want to adjust it as necessary.
- Bonus: Your Hubby will never accidentally grab your book again. Unless he wants to be made fun of in Priesthood. LOL
- The dates which are circled on the back calendar are Sept 26, General Relief Society Meeting, Oct 3 & 4 General Conference.
Let me know if you use this cover, I’d love to hear what you ladies think about it. Did you like it? Would you want to get more covers? Do you think you can design one for us?
BTW I used a couple of the FREE! fonts found on KevinAndAmanda.com. Too cute!