Treat Tuesday #30 – Warm Fuzzies Jar Card
Today’s Treat comes from my favorite talk from this years 179th Semiannual General Conference. It was given by our Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson and it’s called, “What Have I Done for Someone Today?” I just loved it!! It really touched my soul. Reminds me to go back to the basics of serving others and I especially loved the “warm fuzzies” given by the Primary kids. How cute!!! We totally need to have a “warm fuzzy” jar here at home. I know the early bird and super prepared Visiting Teachers will appreciate that I have added this before the beginning of the month. You can thank my dear hubby, for taking us on a VayCay this weekend so I had to get this one up before I left because I knew it would be too late when I got back. Anyways… here it is the Warm Fuzzies Jar Card!
Here’s the quote I used: (I really liked the poem.)
I have wept in the night
For the shortness of sight
That to somebody’s need made me blind;
But I never have yet
Felt a tinge of regret
For being a little too kind.
My brothers and sisters, we are surrounded by those in need of our attention, our encouragement, our support, our comfort, our kindness—be they family members, friends, acquaintances, or strangers. We are the Lord’s hands here upon the earth, with the mandate to serve and to lift His children. He is dependent upon each of us.
I also put a neat “Nutritional Chart” to help us calculate how many calories we can burn (aka warm fuzzy feelings) from serving others. Who knew we’d get immediate rewards!
Download VT Printable Sheet:
Download this week’s Treat Tuesday Warm Fuzzies Jar for Visiting Teachers PDF by clicking the image below.
- 1 piece of cardstock (white)
- Some kind of hole puncher or paper piercer. (I used the small hole punch on the Crop-a-dile)
- Adhesive (I used a glue stick)
- 1 Pack of Fuzzies or PomPoms found in the craft section.
- Ribbon (optional)
- Print in color on plain white cardstock.
- Cut out the jar with the jar flaps.
- Fold jar and the 2 flaps & add adhesive to the flaps.
- Fold the Facts side onto the folded flaps. You should have something that looks like a jar envelope with the image of the jar on both sides.
- Add the warm fuzzies/pompoms into the jar.
- Optional: Punch 2 holes and add ribbon to the top.
Remember, if you have any ideas, images or files you want to share relating to Visiting Teaching feel free to share them with me.