Home » Gift Ideas, Printables

Treat Tuesday #35 – Good Courage!

5 January 2010 13 Comments

visiting-teaching-treat-tues

Today’s Treat is from Megan Curtis from Florida. She’s designed an 8.5″x11″ Courage Poster and a smaller 8″x8″ handout using the Warrior Princess silhouette I designed when I made the Armed with Prayer cards for her lesson on the last Sunday before the New Year. She’s amazingly talented!

“Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest” (Joshua 1:9)

This is the 2010 Annual Theme for the Young Women. One file is a poster of the 2010 theme. Although I’m not a mother of a young woman, but I am sure many of you, as do I, still consider one’s self a young woman and therefore consider this printable totally applicable to our lives as well. It’s totally cute and way modern too, I love how Megan made it look like there were glitter sparkles. I love what she did with my Princess! Thanks for your hard work Megan and I’m sure your Young Women Lesson on Sunday was a success!

Wait a minute… YW doesn’t = VT? Well, sure it does! In this month’s Visiting Teaching Message it clearly states,

“Teach these scriptures and quotations or, if needed, another principle that will bless the sisters you visit. Bear testimony of the doctrine. Invite those you visit to share what they have felt and learned.”

So the “or” is key. if you think your sisters are way ahead of the game or possibly they already heard the message or better yet they’ve got a young woman in the family, use this printable and share your experiences. After all it does take courage to make righteous decisions and goals which would allow us to become self reliant. Anyways, just pray about what message your sisters need to be reminded of.

Download VT Printable Sheet:
Download this week’s Courage JPG or PDF files for Visiting Teachers and Young Women by clicking either images below.

JPGs:

young-women-courage-to-try-handout young-women-courage-to-try-poster

PDFs:

young-women-courage-to-try-handout young-women-courage-to-try-poster

Instructions: (1-up)

1. Print in Color on thick white cardstock.
  2. Cut out either 8.5″x11″ for Poster or 8″x8″ for handout.
  3. Laminate & add magnet to the back if desired.

View all Treat Tuesdays or View all Gift Ideas

January 2010 Visiting Teaching Kits if my ideas don’t fit you just right, don’t worry there are always options.

Snowflake Vinyl Decals Kit by Hand Picked Daisy – Jennifer goes above and beyond with her handmade kits. You can’t even order regular Vinyl snowflakes for less than what she is selling her full kit for and you even get the message, goals sheet and a recipe too. Your sisters will certainly feel loved when receiving these gifts.

visiting-teaching-kit-handpickeddaisy

M&Ms (Manage Money) Kit by Pioneer Party Gift & Copy – I think this is so clever. M&Ms = Manage Money… whoever thought of that one should come up with my Treat Tuesday Tag ideas. :) Emily was that you? Seriously so perfect and at a great price too!

visiting-teaching-pioneerparty-kit

13 Comments »

• Megan Curtis said:

I wanted to add that I created these using some wonderful freebies that I found around the net from some very talented ladies.

Poster-
    Background:“8 Values for Truth and Righteousness” courtesy of Tracy Ladle at Growing Pains – Scrapped. http://growingpains-scrapped.blogspot.com

Glitter:“8 Values for Truth and Righteousness” courtesy of Tracy Ladle at Growing Pains – Scrapped. http://growingpains-scrapped.blogspot.com

Handout-
    Background:Tan-[FESTIVAL] by Shabby Princess Polkadot- I’m unsure–I can’t find it…
    Ribbon:{DINNER PARTY} by Shabby Princess and SARA CARLING

The word art for each was created by Erika Miller from http://steadfast-and-immovable.blogspot.com

Thanks to each of these ladies and especially Linda for creating and inspiring me!

• sheryl said:

I love the warrior princess and word art but I want to rearrange and add to it to make a New beginnings invitation. Can you tell me how I can do this?

• Yohana said:

Buenos dias.

Escribo para preguntar si entre sus opciones esta el poner la pagina en español. La verdad es que la pagina tiene muy buenas ideas, pero como mi ingles no es muy bueno, pues hay algunas cosas que no le entiendo, y pues aparte tengo que hacerle muchs cambios a las ideas que imprimo para las hermanas. MUCHAS GRACIAS!!!

Atte.
    Yohana de la Cruz
    Pta. Sociedad de Socorro
    Barrio Alamedas
    Estaca Dublan
    Nuevo Casas Grandes, Chihuahua, Mexico

• Sheryl said:

I would love to use the warrior princess in an invtation for New Beginnings. can you tell where to find it or send a link. thanks so much for inspiring me.

• Wendy said:

que excelente idea!!!!
    por favor podrían hacer más material en español?????
    se los agradecería mucho.

• admin (author) said:

Megan C, Thanks for your comment! Isn’t it great how so many people can influence us for good. Thanks again for sharing your work with me!
    ♥ Linda

• admin (author) said:

Sheryl, Thanks for your comment. Megan is the gal who designed this printable using the images she’s gotten from different places. In order to create things like this you’ll want an image editing software like Adobe Photoshop or other programs. I create using that program just in case you’d like to know. I’m sure there are several free tutorials on the internet which explain how to design using Photoshop. Just search for “free photoshop tutorials.” Hope that helps. Sorry I can’t get into more details, it would take too long for me so I’ll leave it up to the teachers and professionals to explain how to do it. :) Glad you like the image! Have a great day.
    ♥ Linda

• admin (author) said:

Yohana, Muchisimas gracias por su commentario. Y me alegra que te guste los documentos que hago y que hacen las otras hermanitas. Yo trato de traducir los documentos pero me questa mucho para traducir. :( Es mas facil de traducir de espanol a ingles para mi. Si puedes commentar con la traducion de el documento yo puedo hacer la traducion mas facil y mas rapido, y puedo poner el nuevo documento aqui en la pagina. Creo que seria mas facil para ti de traducirlo para mi, para que no tengas que hacer tanto trabajo. :( Muchas gracias por tus obras, tus hermanitas deben de apreciarte mucho por lo que haces por ellas. Dejame saber si tienes preguntas, y gracias por ser una grando maestra visitante.
    ♥ Linda

• admin (author) said:

Sheryl, Glad you like the warrior princess image. Just click the images above to download them to your computer, they are JPGs and PDFs.You can use them for new beginnings or whatever YW activity which has to do with this year’s theme. :)
    ♥ Linda

• admin (author) said:

Wendy, Muchisimas gracias por su commentario. Me alegra mucho que las hermanas hispanas le gustan estos documentos que diseno yo y otras hermanas. Yo trato de traducir los documentos pero me questa mucho para traducir. :( Es mas facil de traducir de espanol a ingles para mi. Si puedes commentar con la traducion de el documento yo puedo hacer la traducion mas facil y mas rapido, y puedo poner el nuevo documento aqui en la pagina. Gracias por ser una grando maestra visitante.
    ♥ Linda

• Jacki said:

Is there no way to get just the warrior princess image from you without having to photoshop out the glitter/theme, etc. from the above pdf? Thx.

• admin (author) said:

Hi Jacki,
    Thanks for your interest. Please see the last answer on my FAQ. http://visitingteaching.net/blog/faq/
    As of right now I’ve only given limited permission to Megan C to allow her to use my warrior princess silhouette image for this year’s 2010 Young Women theme. I had no idea this would be so popular or that anyone even liked the raw images I’ve created for Visiting Teaching. Maybe someday I’ll have time to set up a site to create and sell my “raw” images for everyone to use on their own projects. For now, I’m going to have to limit my time to this Visiting Teaching site. Thanks again for your comment and your interest in my work and for being a great Visiting Teacher.
    ♥ Linda

• Lauren Snow said:

Our YW Camp theme this year is “We put the ‘her’ in Hero.” Your clipart of the Young Woman would be perfect. Is there a way that we could have access to just the clipart of the girl?