Home » Gift Ideas, Printables

I got a feeling!

9 April 2010 9 Comments

I heart 4×6 postcard size! I had to read this month’s message about 10 times before this idea hit me. Remember, I am trying not to duplicate other people’s work, to make sure you ladies always have lots of fun options, but that’s hard. I should do mine early next time so that I don’t have to take so long. LOL But alas, if you’ve gone already (which I am sure most of you have) you can gift these with smiley cookies or just mail this card to them.

visiting-teaching-i-got-a-feeling

The quote I used was from Elder Dallin H. Oaks of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.

“In its more familiar forms, revelation or inspiration comes by means of words or thoughts communicated to the mind (see Enos 1:10; D&C 8:2–3), by sudden enlightenment (see D&C 6:14–15), by positive or negative feelings about proposed courses of action, or even by inspiring performances, as in the performing arts. As President Boyd K. Packer, … President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, has stated, ‘Inspiration comes more as a feeling than as a sound.’”

Feelings huh? I never realized that the feelings I get and the thoughts I get for making decisions in my life could be considered personal revelation. I always just thought it to be my better self if the decision was a good thing. But it’s true! If you’re doing the essentials, “studying the scriptures, fasting, praying, and building faith” we’re going to be able to receive that personal revelation. We’ll be “in-tune” and we’ll recognize it in our lives too. That got me thinking, sometimes the feelings I get to do or not to do something can range anywhere from being happy or sad about it or even confused and even nauseating. As I was thinking about all of them and searching for inspiration, I came across a lot of fun and silly facial expressions and faces which depict different feelings. In this digital age we are typing and texting and see a lot of fun little emoticons like this one> :) and it’s fun to use those in our texts, emails, web pages, blogs, etc… to help people understand how we feel about something. So, it hit me, possibly a little bit of me being a crazy technology person like my dear hubby and a little bit of personal revelation (after all this is a church thing) and so this card came to be. I do love how the General Authorities of The Church can explain things so that even I can understand them. So that I can recognize different principles and how they apply to me in my life at that moment. (I especially love it when GAs talk about social media… too cute!)

Song Disclaimer: I didn’t purposefully pick the title, it just kind of came out while designing it, but decided to just keep it, cause it sounded right. However, I do like the song “I got a feeling” from Black Eyed Peas, but they take the Lord’s name in vain a few times very loudly (not muffled at all) so until I can edit the song myself, I can’t listen to it. Why do they have to do that, ruin a perfectly good song? As my dear friend and neighbor Cory put it so perfectly, “It’s a commandment, you don’t even have to be LDS to know that it’s a sin” and applies to everyone (as do all other commandments they just don’t know them yet). I’m not trying to tell you what to listen to (cause I’d rather not share my sins on the web, cause S already knows them and we don’t need them to get any worse), you get to decide, just ask yourself, how does it make you feel?

Download VT Printable Sheet:
Download this month’s I got a feeling 4×6 Card for Visiting Teachers by clicking either the link or image below.

visiting-teaching-i-got-a-feeling

Instructions:

1. Click on image & download it. (it’s a jpg)
  2. Print it 4×6 (you might need to adjust your printer settings because if printed at 100% it might be too big), in color on thick cardstock.
  3. Optional: take the image (jpg file) to your local print shop and have them print it 4×6 on regular photo paper like you would regular pictures. Costco, Walmart, Target… whatever!
  4. Attach it to some smiley face sugar cookies or a lolly-pop (I love sweets!) Or just address it and put a postcard stamp (cheaper than regular stamps) on the back.

View Treat Tuesdays or View all Gift Ideas

Visiting Teaching Gifts & Kits!

visiting-teaching-ad-hpd visiting-teaching-ad-hpd2

Jennifer from HandPickedDaisy scrapbooked these cute Visiting Teaching CD tins for the April Visiting Teaching Kits. They include the message + Deviled Egg and Ham recipe + 3 color Jesus cards in a super cute metal CD tin (i just love the tin)! get one for the sister(s) you VT or just one for yourself cause it’s super cute. View more details here.

visiting-teaching-ad-ppc visiting-teaching-ad-ppc2

Emily from Pioneer Party & Copy created this Visiting Teaching Gift for April 2010 which includes: Reeses Peanut Butter Cup + complete LDS VT message + pack of flower seeds in a cute flower cello bag (she gets to use the cutest things and then lets us have them too!) w/ a tag and ribbon. Quick and easy! View more details here.

visiting-teaching-ad-jb visiting-teaching-ad-jb2

Becca from JustBeccuz not only creates some darling Visiting Teaching Packets she makes cards and magnets and other gifts which go with the season or for any reason. Her April 2010 Visiting Teaching Packet includes the full message + spring card + cute butterfly tag + Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe (is there any other kind?!) & 3 scrapbook magnets. Also, she’s always giving something away so check her out. View more details here.

9 Comments »

• Tifffany said:

Thank you for the goodies each month. I love putting them in the mail to the ladies I am suppose to vt..but alas they get a fun mail instead…bad I know…but at least it’s something…

• Becky Watson said:

When I was called to be coordinator for our branch I realized we had a real problem with not only getting any contact to sisters, but the reporting – no one would call to report and it is not easy to track all the sisters down!

I came up with VT Companionship of the Month… whichever companionship (or VT) reports first gets to be VT of the Month and they get a special treat. It has worked really well!!!

• admin (author) said:

Tiffany, Glad I could be of some assistance. As for the candy and sweets, that’s just me, I bet the sisters you VT appreciate your loving service more. BTW thanks for the spell check. ;) ♥ Linda

• admin (author) said:

Becky,
    That’s such a great idea! Look at you magnifying your calling. :) And you know me, I do like the part where you get a “special treat.” So count me in! I bet you’ve already gotten your sisters report already. I have heard that reporting is a hard thing to get each month before the end of the month. I seriously sometimes want to post it on my FB wall, just in case she checks before I get a chance to call, email or text her. LOL
    When I was a supervisor (3.5 yrs ago) I didn’t get reports at first either, but I had a little “VT supervisor newsletter” that I would deliver to them at the beginning of each month with their sisters bdays and kids bdays in case they wanted to know. It was just custom to the sisters in my VT route so it didn’t include everyone in RS and had some ideas on it. But they loved it and it worked for us! Everyone has got to try something different cause each ward is different. Way to go! Wish you lots of emails, texts, wall posts or calls with monthly reports.
    ♥ Linda

• Tracy Kreps said:

I gave my sisters this month a mini Bubble Gum Machine that I bought for $1.00 at Wal-Mart and told them that we have to put faith into everything that we do and we will get something out of it good or bad. I also told my sisters that the last personal relevation that I received before my daddy had passed away was when I was up for a promotion in the military. Two weeks after I was in Iraq I knewn why I wasn’t supposed to take that promotion and move in companies. Well I just wanted to share this. I hope that it will inspire some of the other sisters who might read this post.

• Anastasia Betts said:

I love your blog — thanks so much for sharing all the resources, ideas, and giving freely of your creativity! I hope its ok, but i linked to your website from my facebook page. You can find me on facebook under my name Anastasia Betts. I would love to be friends with you as well if you have an FB account. I was thinking of starting a page on FB similar to your blog — but then I found your blog and think its perfect! I don’t need to start anything, I can just visit your blog! Thanks again for everything — Anastasia

• admin (author) said:

Tracy,
    Love the Mini Bubble Gum machine gift idea. I totally think it must just have been your wal-mart, you lucky gal, cause i couldn’t find it in mine. Oh well. Thanks for sharing your personal experience. I’m so sorry your daddy passed away. That’s got to be hard, and you’re so great for sharing those learning experiences and moments in your life to help strengthen others. Thank you! You’ve already inspired me. :) ♥ Linda

• admin (author) said:

Anastasia, Thanks so much for the sweet compliments. You’re too generous! Thanks for joining my Facebook Page and for sharing it with others. That’s probably how I got over 200. Yippy!! Don’t let me stop you from creating a VT blog, I am sure your blog would be great! Feel free to submit ideas, experiences or even things you’ve made or pictures and I’d be more than happy to share them with the sisters who visit this site. I’m flattered that you’d want to be my friend on FB, but I finally joined FB so I could have a VT page, so just share your ideas with me there. :) Thanks for sharing your love of VT with me. ♥ Linda

• Valerie M. said:

Very cute handout! I need to translate it into Spanish for the sisters I visit, but I love the idea of taking it with smiley face cookies. And since it’ll be in Spanish, they won’t even think of the song. :) It bugs me how they ruin good songs with junk too!