Home » Gift Ideas, Printables

Nurturing Seed Packets

4 September 2010 9 Comments

I love the reminders we get to not only teach and help, our children and those children we come in close contact with, but to “nurture” them. As you all know this month’s message is titled Our Responsibility to Nurture the Rising Generation.” One of the definitions for the word nurture is: “the sum of the environmental factors influencing the behavior and traits expressed by an organism.” The organism being our “Rising Generation.” We are responsible for surrounding ourselves and our “rising generation” with righteousness, the best music, the best pictures, the best books, our best language, our best behavior, best manners and our best habits. I believe it’s not just the one FHE lesson or the one family prayer or one time scripture reading, but the constant and consistent habits which we can instill in our own lives which will become the same habits our rising generation will strive to make a part of their lives, because they will know that is what has brought happiness in their parent’s, leader’s and neighbor’s lives. This will strengthen them and they will know what they need to do in the face of adversity.

I chose to edit a cute seed packed from LetteringDelights.com because I believe our generation of little one’s can be likened to seeds, rising from the ground into tall trees or beautiful flowers and in turn make the rest of the world a better place for the 2nd coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

I used the following scripture & quotes on the packet.

“…yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.” Alma 56:47

“The world we are in is a world of turmoil, of shifting values.” President Gordon B. Hinckley, “Stand Strong against the Wiles of the World,” Ensign, Nov. 1995.

“As parents, leaders, and Church members, we are preparing this generation for the blessings of Abraham, for the temple. We have the responsibility to be very clear on key points of doctrine found in the proclamation on the family.” Julie B. Beck, Relief Society general president.

Download VT Printable Sheet:
Download this month’s Nurturing Seed Packet for Visiting Teachers by clicking either the link to the left or the link image below.

Instructions:
1. Print in color or black and white on cardstock or regular paper.
2. Cut out seed packets. There are 2 packets per page to save some trees!
3. Fold and adhere where indicated.
4. Fill with real seeds, or nerds candy (because they are tiny like seeds, other candy, or a note with your testimony on it.

View Treat Tuesdays or View all Gift Ideas

Pre-Made Visiting Teaching Gifts

With school starting, I bet most of you have a bit more time on your hands to print and cut the fun Visiting Teaching printables I provide you with, and I bet some of you are even starting to design their own fun handouts and things. Which if you do please share them with us on our facebook page. If there are the occasional sisters out there who just would rather focus their efforts on visiting teaching instead of cutting and pasting, like I do, here are some super amazing suggestions!

9 Comments »

• luiza said:

Você teria como traduzir para o português este cartão?

Assim poderíamos imprimir e entregar as pessoas visitadas.

Obrigada!

• Regina said:

Your site is the best! Thanks for all the work you put into this!!!

• Jo Pfaff said:

I was just introduced to this website and love it. I am the visiting teaching Cordinator for my small ward and I am looking for ideas(because I’m not creative) for handing out vt assignments and contact info to both the teachers and teachees. I’ve seen a few for winter and such do you have any other just general cute or fun ones that can be given out anytime of yr? I just want to be able to give them more than a slip of paper with thier assignment. Which we know is so easy to loose lol. Thanks so much and I will definately pass the word on to my ladies about your site. Thanks for being as excited about vting as I am. It truly blesses lives.
    Thanks for your help.

Jo Pfaff
    Geneseo ward, Geneseo, NY

• Audra said:

What a great print out! Thanks for sharing!

• Audra said:

{It’s funny because I thought of baking with this months message…just because of the “rising” word—So I made a recipe card—I’d love to share the idea!! If you can you use it in anyway. You can find it here: http://simpsonizedcraftsandthensome.blogspot.com/2010/09/this-months-free-visiting-teaching.html

• Danielle Souza said:

Hi there! Any chance you make one in Portuguese? I have the translation ready and I’d love to make one of this for each of the sisters I visit teach. I’m sure they’ll love it too!!

Here’s the translation as taken from the Church official website:

“The world we are in is a world of turmoil, of shifting values.” President Hinckley
    “Não é preciso que eu lhes lembre o tumulto em que se encontra o mundo, com os valores em constante mudança”. Presidente Hinckley

“As parents, leaders, and church members, we are preparing this generation for the blessing of Abraham, for the temple. We have the responsibility to be very clear on key points of doctrine found in the proclamation on the family”
    “Como pais, líderes e membros da Igreja, estamos preparando a geração atual para as bênçãos de Abraão e para o templo. Temos a responsabilidade de ser bem claros nos pontos mais importantes
    da doutrina encontrados na proclamação sobre a família.”

“Our responsability to nurture the rising generation”, Ensign/Liahona, sept 2010
    “Nossa Responsabilidade de Nutrir a Nova Geração”, A Liahona, set. de 2010

From my garden:
    Do meu jardim

“…yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them”. Alma 56:48
    “… sim, eles tinham sido ensinados por suas mães que, se não duvidassem, Deus os livraria.” Alma 56:48

Quality Seeds grown with Love
    Sementes de qualidade cultivadas com amor

• Meredith Shepherd said:

Love this month’s post (and congrats on the new calling).
    Trouble is…I have a brown thumb and most people in the ward know that I make no secret about how I kill everything green including the occasional silk plant. (long story)

So, seeds from my own garden were not an option even though the handout is darling. Thought I’d share in case anyone else is like me.

I plan to make loaves of bread for my VT sisters. Yeast rises… so hopefully they will make the connection of the Rising Generation (Work with the dough and prod and pull on it some to mold it into what Heavenly Father wants and then wait patiently for it to reach it’s potential etc.)

Thanks for all the ideas and the links all in one place. My VT % goes up when I stop by for inspiration.

• Merry Gray said:

This is one of my favorites!!! Thanks so much for all the work you have put into each creation-bless you ♥

• Megan Curtis said:

Thanks so much for all the work you put into sharing these amazing handouts! It gets me so excited to give these to the sisters on my route and to share the messages in a fun and new way!